IN THIS ARTICLE
API Key is a part of an API Key and Integrations add-on, click here to learn how to get it on Marketplace »
1. Choose Pipedrive and Woodpecker from app list
In PieSync », click "Connections" (bar on the right), and then click the blue button "Add a New Connection".
Select Woodpecker and Pipedrive from the list (use the search bar to find them quickly).
1. Start typing your desired app name until you are able to choose it.
2. Once you'll find it simply click on its name.
2. Grant access
2.2. Get the API key from Pipedrive
1. Click on Settings from the dropdown menu in the upper right corner.
2. Click on API in the second column on the left.
3. Select your API key and copy it to use in PieSync (see below).
2.3. Add both API keys to PieSync
To authorize an app, click the authorize button below it, and paste its API key into the dialogue box, then click "Next".
When that's done, click Configure the sync between Pipedrive and Woodpecker.
3. Configure your sync
3.1. Choose sync type
Choose if you'd like to sync the data in your apps both ways, or if you'd like to only sync it from one to the other.
3.2. Add filters (IF) and actions (THEN)
1. Add filters to have the sync fire when specified conditions are fulfilled.
select has no Deals to only sync prospects with no deals in Pipedrive.
2. Add actions to have PieSync perform additional tasks when syncing.
select add Tag, and type in the tag that should be added (like "New") for the newly synced prospects in Woodpecker.
If syncing the apps both ways, you can now add filters and actions to apply when syncing from Pipedrive to Woodpecker. Simply repeat the steps listed above.
In the screenshot below, you can view a sync task that's been set up to do the following:
1. Sync contacts from Pipedrive to Woodpecker, for contacts that have no Deals, and have Active? set to off in Pipedrive. The tag #New will be added to these contacts in Woodpecker.
2. Sync contacts from Woodpecker to Pipedrive, for contacts that have Replied in Woodpecker. The app will also update Active?, switching it to on for these contacts in Pipedrive.
Ready-to-use sync between Woodpecker and Pipedrive, with custom filters and actions.
3.3. Choose data merge preferences (Connection Settings)
When setting up two-way sync, it’s very important to decide which app wins when PieSync finds differences in data.
For example, if Woodpecker lists a phone number for a given prospect as 12345, but in your other app the phone number for that same prospect is 13324, one "version" will have to overwrite the other.
You need to decide which app will "know best" and have the correct data when such differences are detected.
For example: If Woodpecker “wins”, it will overwrite conflicting data in Pipedrive.
If Pipedrive “wins”, it will overwrite conflicting data in Woodpecker.
3.4. Add custom field mappings (optional)
Surprise: the default field mappings are already configured by PieSync. For example, Organization Name (in Pipedrive) is mapped to Company Name (in Woodpecker). You can set up additional, custom mappings for other fields by clicking "Add field mapping" right below, and selecting the fields from both apps.
You can add custom mappings by clicking "Add field mapping".
4. Finalize set up and start the sync
All that's left to do is to click "Start syncing now!"
That's it, you now have database maintenance between these apps off your shoulders!
You can review and change any of the above settings at any time, by editing your sync in PieSync.